Hey! Glad to see you with us and wanting to explore the Wall*E universe through RP. But as with all great things, lets set some ground rules here. Bear in mind that we're pretty flexible about these things. Like we aren't going to nail you to the wall or anything unless it's super bad. But I doubt that'll happen, right? ;)
First things first, we have a handguide to help you out with the WERPverse, our policies and rules if you ever get stuck. I HIGHLY recommend that you read this FIRST: http://werphandguide.wikidot.com/
Now, here are the rules:
- Please keep characters IN character. Especially FILM characters! Please keep that in mind. (This is especially important if you claim a character!)
- You can have more than 1 character to RP with. So you can have 2 or 3 or 15... whatever! Just as long as you can keep track of all them.
- No one gets ignored or left behind. Seriously, we can't all be on all the time or anything, so we have to make sure that no one gets walked over and left in the dust. So ALL of us has to do our part to prevent that.
- Do NOT start role-playing in the RP until your character has been approved. Except in cases where proper reason is given as to why a character should not be approved, all characters are subject to Administrative approval after they are posted as long as they are properly submitted characters. From there, the admins will then give approval, constructive criticism, or dissent on all pending characters, or do nothing at all.
- Special abilities are awesome! Like if your character has excellent eye sight or something. BUT don't let your special abilities get outta control where it gets to the point of god-modeing. God-modes = seriously not cool. Same thing goes for special items too. On that same note, let me add that weaknesses are a bucket full of fun and can lead to even funnier situations like for example if your character has a bad sense of direction = that's funny!
- On the same note as the weaknesses rule, we also do have the right to reject characters if they are Mary Sues or Gary Stus or just plain problematic. HOWEVER, we aren't bad people here nor are we mean. You can ask us for advice on how to correct problems and issues with your character and resubmit for review. We want to be fair for everyone here. Sues and Stus are so NOT fair to the other players. So please, lets be fair to them, okay?
- Puppetting is allowed if you feel confident about it. I mean it's always nice for someone to keep the driver's seat warm for you, right?
- Please keep everything rated Teen. I think that explains itself and saves a lot of trouble.
- I think there should be a 300 comments rule because if the RP is really good, there's going to be loads of comments. So to avoid having to go through 3000 comments on one journal entry, I suggest that we do 300 comments instead. The person to leave the 300th comment has to start up a new journal entry with RP in the title and has to copy & paste their last comment in to the new journal entry plus a recap just so no one gets lost. Nothing worse than to be lost and accidentally stepping on others toes!
- Under the profiles journal entry of our community, please post your profiles. They help the rest of us out when we need to reference them in a hurry. Character claims are under their own separate journal all together.
- If you don't feel confident in RPing the character you've claimed, don't worry about it. Just speak up and we'll try to help you out.
- If you want, you can RP an NPC. On a side note here, don't claim an NPC if you're never going to RP. That can really put the other RPers in a real pickle if that happens. You can claim as many NPCs as you want and you can claim an NPC if you have an OC too. We're flexible that way.
- Since I'm guessing there are going to be multiple RPs going on at a time, make sure you clearly mark in the journal's title which RP it is so we don't get mixed up RP #1 with RP #2. Incidentally, if you've got an idea for an RP, post it! Odds are, it's probably awesome! By posting it, you can also see how much support you're going to get for it. Also please clearly mark in the journal title that it's an idea. Also, it helps if you use your tags as well. It really cuts down on the confusion.
- Feel free interact with anyone/everyone in the comments section when you're RPing. To do Just hit "Post A New Comment" to play. Just DON'T hit reply unless it's an OOC (Out Of Character) reply that you wanna call someone on. If you just hit reply for regular RPing, that kinda makes things a little messy and can cause problems. If you do by mistake, that's okay. Just read the other comments to see if anyone's replied to yours, hit "Post A New Comment" to reply back.
- We all lead regular lives out of this and sometimes, they can get outta hand. So please post a hiatus note somewhere (EI: like in the community itself) to let us know the particulars of what's going on. Also, please if you can try to make at least one RP post a week. This lets us know that you aren't dead and also, we love reading what you write!